I have learned a lot from designing, writing, assembling, stuffing, stamping, sealing and addressing Christmas cards. Here are the highlights:
1. I am totally inept when it comes to accurately assessing how many cards I need.
2. No matter how many cards I think I need, I will always have more or less than what I need.
3. Putting a very cute picture of Baylie on the card only requires more work on my part.
4. The post office and the card people are in cahoots – 10 stamps in a book, 15 cards in a box.
5. 60 pictures centered and taped to cards, 60 envelopes stuffed and addressed (5 of which are still outstanding due to moved addresses) and the taste of envelope adhesive on my tongue = we need less friends.
The out takes from getting the picture for our card. Note the marker, angel from the nativity scene, my phone and yes even the camera were used to get her to A. smile, B. pose in a way that wasn’t weird and C. hold still long enough to get a good picture. The winner was actually a little soft, but it met criteria A and B so it wins!