For years I have been trying to perfect “the wave” “the uncurled, curl” “the beach wave”. You know what I mean. That I just left the beach and my hair looks a-mazing! kind of curl.
But without all the, like, work.
Somehow last year, I finally made it work. And honestly, it was sheer laziness. It was summer, it was 115* and I was trying to do something with my wig. After I let it down, I realized that it had curled kind of…cute. With a little perfecting on my twisting and clipping, I had the perfect recipe for The Lazy Gurl Curl.
So here it is
Not too shabby, right? And not one curling iron used.
Here’s the how to:
- Use a shampoo and conditioner that are moisturizing. I love Wen, but Pantene will do in a pinch.
- Dry your hair as normal, round brushing the roots for volume.
- Put a small amount of leave in conditioner in the ends – I like the Wen leave in or even a detangling spray will work. Anything that adds a little moisture and some conditioner back in.
- Twist hair and then into a loose bun, right where your scull and spine meet (better known as your occipital ridge for all the yogis). Secure with a claw clip. This is the tricky part because it can leave a kink in your hair so be careful to clip it at the bottom of the bun.
- Leave in place for about an hour. Remove the clip, shake out curls, a little hairspray – voila! Curls without the heat.